How to Remove Urine Smell from Carpet
If you share your home with cats or dogs and have upholstery, carpet or rugs, you can be pretty sure that you are going to be dealing with urine smells at some point. Accidents are bound to happen, so it is only a matter of time before each of us pet parents will be trying to figure out how to get urine smell out of carpet. And, if it is not your carpet, it is sure to be your favorite rug, your newest throw pillow, or the sofa.
Of course, indoors might not be the only place you have carpet or other textiles with unwanted smells. You may be having issues with dog or cat urine on patio rugs, outdoor cushions, or the carpet or artificial grass in your outdoor catio. Whether your urine smells are on indoor or outdoor textiles, you need to choose the right product to make sure you are really removing them and not just temporarily masking the odor. You also need to make sure you are using a product that is safe to use in areas frequented by kids or pets.
This is why we use Urine Zero. Most importantly, it is non-toxic, so it is safe to use around your family and pets. Secondly, it is incredibly effective at actually removing pet urine smells – not just covering them up. It is a microbial cleaner, which means there are billions of microbes just waiting for the opportunity to consume the urea that is causing the urine smell in your textiles.
Once sprayed onto the area, these completely safe microbes feed on the urea until there is no more urea on which to feed. This means that the odor-causing element is completely removed and, therefore, the urine smell is completely removed.
Plus, it is not just for urine. If your pet has a solid-waste accident or vomits on your rug, carpet, or upholstery, you can also use Urine Zero to remove the smell after cleaning up the solid waste. So, this is a handy product to keep around the house.
Here is a step-by-step guide for removing pet urine smells from carpet.
How to Remove Urine Smell from Carpet
What you need:
- Spray bottle
- Urine Zero
- Rags or towels
- You can also use a wet-vac if you happen to have one on hand.
What you do:
- Step 1: Blot the affected area with a clean rag or towel to remove as much of the urine as possible.
- Step 2: If you do not already have a spray bottle with diluted Urine Zero on hand, you will need to make one. Urine Zero is a 10X concentrate, so you will need to mix one part Urine Zero with nine parts water to create the diluted cleaning solution.
- Step 3: Make sure your carpet, rug, or upholstery is colorfast by testing Urine Zero is a small, inconspicuous area. To do this, spray Urine Zero on the carpet, and then blot with a rag or a towel. If you see color on the cloth, do not use it in more conspicuous areas.
- Step 4: Spray the affected area until it is thoroughly saturated. If you are removing dog or cat urine smells from carpet, make sure the backing and padding are also saturated. Make sure that the entire affected area is saturated with Urine Zero to allow the microbes to work their magic.
- Step 5: Now it is time to let this effective urine smell remover do its thing. For lightly soiled areas, you may be able to leave it on for as little as 15 minutes. For more challenging spots, you can let it soak for up to 24 hours.
- Step 6: If you have a wet-vac, use it to vacuum as much of the liquid as possible. If you do not have a wet-vac, that is no problem at all. You can simply use a rag or towel to blot the area to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Step 7: Put your cleaning products away, and let the area dry completely before walking on the rug or sitting on the sofa in the spot you just cleaned.
It is that easy! Once you mix your pet urine cleaner, keep the bottle on hand for the next time there is a cat urine or dog urine accident in your house, since all of us who share our homes with pets know that there will, indeed, be a next time.
One more thing you will love about Urine Zero is that there is a money-back guarantee. If you order Urine Zero from Install-It-Direct, follow the instructions to remove urine odors in your home, and then do not think it worked for you, simply email us for a refund.